Good question! We put together 5 of the most frequently heard reasons why JetBlue Inflight Crewmembers choose TWU for Union representation to ensure our voice is heard at work.
1. Solidify our work rules – Changes that often negatively affect our work group are made with little or no Inflight Crewmember feedback. A Contract will ensure we have a voice and a vote.
2. Never alone – Discipline meetings and other Management mandated reviews can be tough. Our Union will make certain every single Inflight Crewmember has a representative to help navigate meetings and stand up for our rights.
3. Grievance and Arbitration – Today, if we don’t like a change to work rules or a disciplinary decision, too bad. What Management says goes. With our Contract in place we will have the legal right to grieve and be heard in front of a neutral party arbitrator.
4. Fair compensation – We are currently undervalued employees working far below what our profession demands. Union workers enjoy higher wages and benefits. It’s time we take our rightful place.
5. Our industry demands it – We’re seeing more and more airline employees form their Unions and secure their Contracts. One big reason for that is FARs are not meant to protect Flight Attendants. Only a legally binding contract and strong union can do that!
Do you have questions or concerns about our union or the journey ahead? Please make contact with us and one of our friendly activists will get back to you!